happy news

365-366

365/366

Little Peach, for as long as I can remember now, you have been asking me to give you another sibling. Your interest in birth and midwifery has been long standing. I remember showing you Theo’s Birth Video not long after he was born and you saying desperately “can you do it again? Can you make me another baby!?”. Some of your friends have welcomed new baby siblings and you have excitedly asked me when your baby was coming. Just yesterday you stomped your foot and said “Mum. I can’t wait anymore. I need you to have a baby!”. I smiled because I already knew what was blossoming inside.

So this morning with excitement I explained to you how a pregnancy test works and asked you if you would like to help me take one. You were eager of course as I gave you a stick and told you if one line appeared there would be no baby. If two, then a baby was growing. Your eyes wide and your body fidgeting with excitement you waited. “There is TWO LINES!” you yelled. “You’re going to have a baby! There is a baby in your tummy!”. Your face turned to smiles so large I thought you’d fall off the chair for lack of concentration.

We talked together about the baby, about how it was still tiny and just a promise of a baby. We talked about how long it would take to grow. About a homebirth. About whether it would be a boy or a girl and you could not have been happier. We have all wanted this baby for a long time and I am so excited now is the time it will grow within our family. I cannot think of anything more special than sharing this special time with you my Peach, my little mama.

32 Responses to “happy news”

1. gravatar for kate @ livinglovinglaughing kate @ livinglovinglaughing

ohhhh lovely! Been looking fwd to hearing how she took the news! Reminds me so much of my daughter, she is also sooooo excited about the new sibling, it has not worn off during the long wait of pregnancy and now the birth is almost here! It is so fun and different to share this pregnancy with an older child (she was a toddler too when last sibling came) and see them so aware and excited. Priya will be an amazing help and sister! Lily already insists she will be doing ALL the holding :)

2. gravatar for Kim Kim

1st… Congrats!
    2nd… I.m in tears!
    3rd…. What an amazing to be able to share with your little girl! When my daughter was 2 she got to help me with our at home doppler and listen to her baby brother! Then last year at 7 she got to help hear her baby sissy (along w. Her 5 yr old brother:) … Children are such a blessing!

3. gravatar for Amber @ Au Coeur Amber @ Au Coeur

Have you thought about having her present at baby’s birth? We had our nearly 3.5 year old at the birth of our second daughter just last week and it was an amazing family experience. She loved it!

• gravatar for Georgia Georgia

Yes, Priya will definitely be present. I haven’t thought about NOT having her there. Congratulations on the birth of your little girl x

4. gravatar for San Budí San Budí

OOH GIRL! that is too cute!! Now wait for when Theo is 4 and he ask you for a sibling heheheh!! no seriosly, soooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cuuuute!!

5. gravatar for Carrie Carrie

Awww! Love her smile! This will certainly be a very loved little sibling! Can’t wait to hear about your experiences, especially with little Miss Peach’s inquisitives questions every step of the way :)

6. gravatar for Amber K Amber K

That is so beautiful. I love how you involved Peach in the process. What a special moment for her, and for you.
    Great photo too!

7. gravatar for Tori Ishikawa Tori Ishikawa

How absolutely beautiful and touching and her smile is contagious! It’s awesome that she’s so excited! Congratulations to all of you! Another cutie is on it’s way! Haha. :)

8. gravatar for julie julie

congratulations!!! happy news indeed!!! your daughter is so precious, what a journey and experience for her..and awesome helper for you :) sending lots of love, health, and breath during this beautiful time of life. x

9. gravatar for Barbara Barbara

This is just so precious:) It’s soamazing that with your love your children grow so caring and loving and oh just so precious:)

10. gravatar for Rachel Rachel

Georgia I have said it before, but I am so happy for you all. If you are considering a homebirth there is a lovely book for children called Hello Baby by Jenni Overend which Theo especially might like.

11. gravatar for Rachel Rachel

How cute! I bet she will love practising her midwife skills on you! I remember reading Theo’s birth story on Marvellous Kiddo ages ago – I only recently found your blog through the sling diaries. I’m excited for another little one entering your lives :)

12. gravatar for Lilsen Lilsen

Congratulations, great news indeed! So happy for you, and whishing you all the best — may you stay healthy and well throughout the whole pregnancy….

13. gravatar for Katte Katte

GEORGIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You’re PREGNANT? NO WAY!! WHAT? That’s great indeed :) SO HAPPY FOR YOU GUYS! Priya and Theo will have another sibling to play and grow up with! How exciting.. Oh goodness.

14. gravatar for Maeva A. Maeva A.

Congratulations! I’m so happy for you. You deserve it so much. Kisses from France!

15. gravatar for Brandy Brandy

Omg, this brought tears to my eyes and a lump in my chest…She reminds me of my little ones :) Congrats to you and your growing family. Three is SO fun!

16. gravatar for Rachel Rachel

Georgia I remembered after I suggested that book about homebirth about your simple life no buying project for this year so just wanted to say that if you don’t know anybody with that book I am happy to send ours travelling for a little while if you would like. :-)