baby boy

33-365
33/366

The time is drawing near to take away Theo’s nappies (he’s been ready to toilet train for a while) but… I just don’t want to give up the cute that is having a little one walking around in cloth.

Actually, late last year Theo was using the toilet every day and then somehow ended up back in nappies. Errol asked me why Theo wasn’t toilet training after all and after pressing me he discovered that I wanted to keep Theo in nappies to have photos like this in our 366 project.

Oh, Errol’s face. His eyebrow began to twitch (which is when I know he thinks my crazy has reached new levels).

He looked like he’d just discovered I’d decided to feed the kids cake every day to make them chubby (as a side note, good idea!).

And I guess I should be ashamed that I didn’t help him toilet train earlier but… there’s plenty of time for growing up.

Today he was still my baby.

13 Responses to “baby boy”

1. gravatar for Cara Q Cara Q

Roman got like that with the potty…there’d be phases (when he was 9 MONTHS!) where he’d use it all day, not quite out of nappies, but keeping dry when in nappies. He regressed back to newborn baby mode, though :(. Recently we’re back to the dry nappies but he’d much sooner pee on the carpet than the potty or loo (Grrr! Oh well at least it’s only pee) so I think I’m going to have a nervous breakdown in March when we finally take the nappies away. Hate giving up cloth, so reluctant too and holding myself back on buying nappies.

Good luck with learning when he’s going for it and don’t forget to share! :D.

2. gravatar for Nicole Nicole

Ha! I totally understand this. I have been anxiously waiting for the weather to warm up so I can have more pics of my baby in his cloth diapers, and I have been sad about approaching potty training because it’s the last time I get to cloth diaper. Cloth is just so beautiful, fun, collectible, and cute!

3. gravatar for Whitney Whitney

I think it’s a totally acceptable reason to delay toilet training, especially since we all get to enjoy his cloth covered cuteness :)

I’m finally getting my little guy into cloth and can’t wait to see how cute he will be.

PS I love the look on Theo’s face…he is such a happy little guy

4. gravatar for Vanessa Vanessa

Haha! I love your logic. It’s nice to know I’m not the only one whose husband thinks is a little crazy. Great shot (to add to the collection of the tonnes of other great shots!)

5. gravatar for brodie brodie

I have been thinking recently from following your 366 how much Theo is growing into a little boy (sorry Georgia!) It has been incredible to follow his journey from sitting on my couch, balling my eyes out with my laptop on my knee watching his birth video to seeing this gorgeous little man standing here. Thank you so much for sharing this journey with the world, I know how much I appreciate not only your beautiful photos but your amazing words that describe them. Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
    x x

6. gravatar for Sarah Sarah

Sigh…why can’t we stop them growing up???? At least we have Documenting Delight to remember them when they are all grown up – all because of you Georgia – thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

7. gravatar for Kim Kim

I had to laugh at the cake bit – when my parents were first married, my mother tried to feed up my 6 ft, very skinny father by making him eat a cream horn every day. It didn’t work, and I am sad to say I missed out on his metabolism!